Laboratory Operations Technician I
General Position Description:
Laboratory Operations Technicians at Spotlight Safety perform routine safety equipment checks, restock lab supplies, and manage biological and hazardous chemical waste areas to help keep laboratory operations running smoothly and in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
This position requires employees to leverage existing knowledge of the laboratory or technical knowledge developed as a hazardous waste technician or emergency first responder to efficiently complete tasks and meet client needs.
This is position is available as a full-time, salaried position or as a part-time, hourly position. The starting salary range for full-time employees is $42,000-$62,000 per year depending on experience. The starting hourly rate range for part-time employees is $22-$30 per hour depending on experience.
Employees in this position can also expect to receive sign-on, onboarding, and performance bonuses when completing job responsibilities in good standing.
Onsite at client locations with work from home opportunities as client schedule allows.
- Provide onsite laboratory operations support at client locations
- Conduct routine testing and checks of common safety equipment, including eyewashes, safety showers, fire extinguishers, first aid kits, and AEDs
- Receive incoming chemicals and lab supplies as part of an active inventory gatekeeping system
- Manage and update the client’s hazardous chemical inventory and Safety Data Sheet files
- Perform hazardous chemical inventory reconciliations
- Monitor and restock lab and first aid kit supplies
- Communicate with client personnel to report safety hazards and alarms
- Conduct hazardous chemical waste checks and move full waste to the Main Accumulation Area
- Seal full biological waste containers and move to the biological waste storage area
- Organize client specific documentation
- Special projects developed in conjunction with Safety Consultants
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Degree in Biology, Chemistry, or related scientific or environmental field preferred
- Degree in a safety field considered
- Experience in a laboratory, R&D, or manufacturing setting preferred
- Experience handling hazardous chemicals preferred
- Previous work experience in a customer service or hospitality role preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanor and patience
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization
- Punctuality and efficiency
- Versatility and adaptability in a variable work environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Personal vehicle with the ability to travel to clients located throughout the Greater Boston area on a daily basis (monthly stipend provided)
- Personal computer and a reliable internet connection (monthly stipend provided)
- Mobile phone with reliable cell service (monthly stipend provided)
Interested in Applying?
- Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the position in the subject line
- Use the format First Name Last Name, Desired Job Title (e.g., Corey Martin, Safety Consultant)
- We look forward to hearing from you!
Spotlight Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer.