Laboratory Operations Specialist I
General Position Description:
Laboratory Operations Specialists at Spotlight Safety work closely with client Laboratory and Facilities Managers, EHS Teams, and Operations Staff to help keep laboratory operations running smoothly and in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
This position requires employees to leverage existing knowledge of the laboratory or R&D environment to efficiently complete tasks and meet client needs.
This is a full-time, salaried position. The salary range is $52,000-72,000 per year depending on experience. Employees in this position can also expect to receive sign-on, onboarding, and performance bonuses when completing job responsibilities in good standing.
Onsite at client locations with work from home opportunities as client schedule allows.
- Provide onsite laboratory operations support at client locations
- Receive incoming chemicals and lab supplies as part of an active inventory gatekeeping system
- Manage and update the client’s hazardous chemical inventory and Safety Data Sheet files
- Maintain safety documents and records
- Interface with and update client EHS or laboratory management software
- Monitor and restock lab and first aid kit supplies
- Perform lab ops walkthroughs to identify unreported hazards
- Communicate with client personnel to report safety hazards, alarms, or compliance issues
- Conduct hazardous chemical waste checks and move full waste to the Main Accumulation Area
- Seal full biological waste containers and move to the biological waste storage area
- Conduct routine testing and checks of common safety equipment, including eyewashes, safety showers, fire extinguishers, first aid kits, and AEDs
- Monitor and maintain lab and facility signage, postings, and safety labels
- Lead lab safety tours for new client hires
- Assist Safety Consultants with the development, review, and customization of safety program deliverables, including safety manuals, policy documents, signage and lab postings, memos, and newsletters
- Assist Safety Consultants and client personnel with regulatory permit, equipment certification, and employee safety training due dates
- Attend and take notes at select client and public safety meetings
- Organize client specific documentation
- Special projects developed in conjunction with Safety Consultants
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, or related scientific or environmental field preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a safety field considered
- Two years of research experience in a laboratory or R&D setting required
- Experience performing lab manager or safety tasks preferred
- Familiarity with hazardous waste regulations and handling preferred
- Previous work experience in a customer service or hospitality role preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanor and patience
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization
- Punctuality and efficiency
- Versatility and adaptability in a variable work environment
- Strong computer skills, including the use of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Personal vehicle with the ability to travel to clients located throughout the Greater Boston area on a daily basis (monthly stipend provided)
- Personal computer and a reliable internet connection (monthly stipend provided)
- Mobile phone with reliable cell service (monthly stipend provided)
Interested in Applying?
- Send your resume to email@example.com with your name and the position in the subject line
- Use the format First Name Last Name, Desired Job Title (e.g., Corey Martin, Safety Consultant)
- We look forward to hearing from you!
Spotlight Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer.